• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Random Health Tips

Pillthrill

Bluelighter
I heard this on TV the other day, so I thought I would share it with you guys since most people can apply it to their lives.

They said that you should cut your daily vitamin in half. Because taking it all at once is kinda like overfilling your tank. If you take half in the morning and half at night, it gives you a more sustained dose thoughout the day so your body can process them better.

This thread could get a place for others to post other small health tips that don't need their own thread. :)

Drinking room temperature water with your dinner will ensure far better digestion in comparison with drinking cold water.

Drinking room temperature water with your dinner will ensure far better digestion in comparison with drinking cold water.

Actually, don't drink water or beverages 15 minutes before or after a meal, otherwise it dilutes your stomach acid and the food, and makes digestion a lot harder. True story.

You not only get the benefit of metabolizing body fat by drinking water but you also get an extra benefit with cold water by expending more calories trying to warm it up.

The next time you get heartburn, do NOT reach for that antacid. What you need is not less acid, but more of it. Squeeze a tablespoon of lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar into half a glass of water and drink it down. Your heartburn should leave you very shortly. If convinced afterwards, consider adding a prophylactic couple of tablespoons of organic ACV to a glass of water morning and evening and half-glass whenever heartburn attacks. You'll likely be off the antacids in a short time and for good.

As with most cases in today's medicine, antacids address the symptom and not the underlying cause. What this translates to is that the underlying cause goes untreated and progressively gets worse and manifests later in a cascade of other, more severe ways.

I've read that about the Vitamins and cutting them in half as well...thanks for the reminder

Here is the only tip I can give...

Consistent workouts help to ward off colds. Yet another reason get up off your ass :)

I haven't been sick since February. It was that weird cold with no symptoms but dry coughing spells.